Tuesday, May 24, 2022

USA Flag Button Process


If you see me soon, ask for a free USA button! It’s useful for any patriotic holiday. I'm likely to have them all summer.



Here is a list of flag holidays. I almost always have flag holiday cards with me too.

Most of my illustrations start as photos. This is the view from my front door in Frisco. My primary goal was to get a wind-blown diagonal fold across the flag to give it some motion. The stars give the correct illusion.


To make a vector image from a raster photo, I open the starting photo in Adobe Illustrator and scale it to the size I want. Next, I use a pen tool to create a vector line drawing. If it's a super complex illustration, I'll cheat and use the pencil tool to work faster.


Then, I color the finished line drawing using selected shades from the original photo. I'll export the vector drawing into Adobe Photoshop to add some shading by burning down the shadows. 

The button template itself is made in Adobe InDesign and exported as PDFs.

I’ve Got Your Six!

Mark M. Hancock, GRI, MRP, AHWD
REALTOR, New Build certified
214-862-7212
DFWmark.com


#DFWmark #REALTOR #USflag #StarsAndStripes #button #illustration # photo #patriotic #holiday #USA #RedWhiteBlue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the DFWmark Blog!

Welcome to the DFWmark Blog! This is a collection of content by Mark M. Hancock, a REALTOR with Keller Williams North County in Celina, Texa...